Blood is thicker than Water



PAL PR731
Sept. 27, 2015 1:48 pm
Bangkok to Manila

Blood is thicker than water, they say. But does it always have to be blood that binds a family together? I say NOT.

I have just concluded an incredibly amazing trip to Bangkok with a group of people I’ve shared good kinship with since I was a kid. A family I grew up knowing was related to me. Needless to question how it happened, our history draws back from our ancestry.

What makes a family? While others trace their roots and bloodline, I resort to merely feel my senses. It’s love and loyalty from the ones who wants you in theirs, who accepts you for who you are, who never doubts your ability, who supports you in realizing your dreams, and who loves you wholeheartedly. It entails varying definition and infinite qualification. 

While all these sounds to be idealistic in the world clamped with a multitude of deceitful pseudos, I’m glad to have met them in this lifetime.

Fully grateful and proud, I introduce you my Garcia family





 I fondly call them .. Tio Adriel, Tia Baby,



 Ton, 



Kakai and Jules


A family who ceaselessly stayed with me through the bad times, who indefatigably inculcated me the goodness in life, who incessantly bugged me until I realized my worth, who enthusiastically cheered me in every success, and who unquestionably loves me in all that I am. They are the family who showed the world how water can be thicker than blood. 

And now that I’ve picked up the pieces I’ve long lost (maturity, sobriety and sanity ... haha) I wish to have it known that I take pride having them as a family. It’s comforting to know that as I traverse this life, no matter what the future holds, I am blessed with two families who equally manifested what “love” and “happYness” genuinely is about.

From the bottom of my heart, I love you all.


Comments