Turning of a Leaf



After reviewing my resolutions plotted for this year (2009), I was thrilled to say that most of them have been met. I am genuinely confident that I could keep my resolutions despite a few inevitable slips. That is because, I am committed to it and I prepared myself to fulfilling it. Yey!

So as we put the holidays behind us and dig out from underneath all of the wrapping paper, it is now time to engage ourselves to this ritual (should I say) of making a New Year’s resolution.

Now why do you think it is necessary for us to create one?

Well based on my own experience, when you create a goal the soonest possible time, it predicts better success in actually achieving it. And of course, being ready to change also helps. If you don’t want to change and so only make a half-hearted resolution to do so, don’t be surprised by your amazing lack of success.

So as we face the New Year – 2010 help me set new (achievable) affirmations ….

I know the power of affirming my truth, over and over, everyday!

1. As I let go of my feelings of guilt, I am in touch with my inner sociopath.

2. I have the power to channel my imagination into ever-soaring levels of suspicion and paranoia.

3. I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault. Hehe …

4. I will make sure that this year wont end without me visiting other Asian countries.

5. My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of wisdom and judgment.

6. I need not suffer in silence while I can still moan, whimper, and complain.

7. I will stand by my decisions and no one can ever dictate a thing to influence it.

8. I need to have a sense in fashion. No more advice from my younger brother. I will shop for my own clothes.

9. Will enthusiastically go to work each day.

10. I will strive to live each day as if it were my 80th birthday.

11. I honor and express all facets of my being, regardless of anything.

12. Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so!"

13. A scapegoat is almost as good as a solution (in any given situation).

14. Just for today, I will not sleep in my bed room without any underwear. Instead, I will try my best to put on at least a boxer.

15. I will no longer waste my time reliving the past; I will spend it worrying about the future.

16. Before I criticize a man, I walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.

17. If I was able to get rid of my baby fats last year, I should be able to lose my love handles.

18. Rekindle stained relationships with old friends. Maintain ONE (only) serious relationship. (Goodluck!)

19. Be Healthy (will start 1-day vegan practice) and Wealthy (will not overspend)!

20. I will be much more closer to GOD.

Like last year, I fervently hope that these can be realized as well. I resolved not to keep my fingers crossed 'cuz I know all depends on how I will face the challenge.

You! Have you listed your New Year's resolutions? Tell me about it. =)

Comments