List Of Active Fault Lines In The Philippines
- Marikina Valley Fault (Montalban, San Mateo, Marikina, Pasig, Taguig, Muntinlupa, San Pedro, Binan, Carmona, Santa Rosa, Calamba, Tagaytay, Oriental Mindoro)
- Western Philippine Fault (Luzon Sea, Mindoro Strait, Panay Gulf, Sulu Sea)
- Eastern Philippine Fault (Philippine Sea)
- Southern of Mindanao Fault (Moro Gulf, Celebes Sea)
- Central Philippine Fault (Entire Ilocos Norte, Aurora, Quezon, Masbate, Eastern Leyte, Southern Leyte, Agusan Del Norte, Agusan Del Sur, Davao del Norte)
The Philippines is in the Pacific ring of fire,there are so many Major Faults in the country, and we have to trenches surrounding both sides of our country the first one is located at the South China Sea and the other one is called the Philippine trench which is located at the right side of our country, facing the pacific ocean.
*The earthquake that destroyed Guinsaugon is the Central Philippine Fault
*The 1990 earthquake that destroyed Central Luzon and Baguio is also the Central Philippine Fault.